Monday 4 April 2011

WELCOME TO YOUR CARLSBERG YEARS?

I turned 30 last week. Nuts! In honour of this numeric milestone, I hosted a double birthday party for myself and one of the greatest ladies I know. Aging Aries unite! I neglected my camera entirely, as I was too busy chatting away and eating. Very important party business. As you can see here, Amy (who excels in all aspects of ingredient manipulation) made us two cakes. Two! Carrot for Shayna, and vanilla (with a brownie in the middle) for me. I've really lucked out in the friends making me amazing cakes department over the past couple of years (see: last year). Dennis and I have been hard at work trying to conquer the leftovers. With hard work and determination, we just might succeed. Thanks for the great night pals.

19 comments:

t a n y a said...

happy belated birthday, Sandi! those cakes look killer.

Scaves said...

Those cakes = Tremendous.

Amanda said...

happy belated birthday! yum yum! amy's skills are beyond!!!

DEADWEIGHT said...

Tanya & Mandy: Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am creeping so hard in that picture. Oh man...

shayna said...

i really enjoy you in that photo, tim!

i also enjoy DOUBLE TROUBLE as a label.

DEADWEIGHT said...

CREEPY GHOSTFACE 4 LIFE.

Jaime said...

Vanilla brownie cake sounds amazing!
Happy birthday Sandi!

Candice said...

this was good times, and your ballin' patio calls for more summer parties. also, tim makes an excellent hand/cake model.

shayna said...

i think every party at your place should end with a discussion on captain burgs and scatman.

Jason Hudson Dot Com said...

BROWNIE IN THE MIDDLE. WTFYUM.

DEADWEIGHT said...

Jaime: Thanks!

Candice: Summer patio hangs for sure. And yeah, the man sure knows how to present a plate!

Shayna: That can definitely be arranged.

Jason: WTFYUM INDEED.

sweetie pie press said...

happy birthday. being in one's thirties is great - there is less to car about and you can just loosen the belt right out.

DEADWEIGHT said...

Becky: Good - I hate belts!

Anonymous said...

happppppy belated birthdayyy!

DEADWEIGHT said...

Petra: Thaaaaaanks!

amy said...

since i turned thirty i've gone almost exclusively elastic waisted! egads.

that was a real fun time. thanks again for being a rad host, sandi~!

p.s.
in the future i'll be brave and pipe a bday msg on the cakes. i could forsee "hapy brithday" with a dribble in the middle and chickened out.

DEADWEIGHT said...

Amy: The pleasure was all mine - thanks for coming! I've got to get you that super cute plate back.

caitlyn said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!